Thursday 19 February 2015

Advertising Photography Project

Hi all,

This project wasn't meant to be posted on the my blog, I was meant to email it to my college tutor Tuesday but every time I have tried to email since Tuesday for some reason the email hasn't sent.

Information to be used with the images
The Drinkaware logo will have to be used in order to promote the drink responsibly campaign. There
are 3 different logos to choose from and there are four different design for to the 2 of the logos. I
have a guide to the logos and the positing of the logos which will be featured in the sketchbook.

Examples of the logos:


Also I have to add the Hardy’s wine logo. The Hardy’s wine logo is below:



I might add the information that has been taken from the website about the wines.
White, Stamp Sauvignon Blanc Semillion.
“Our Stamp Sauvignon Blanc Semillion is a light and with lifted citrus and tropical fruit flavours, delicate herbaceous character, and clean, crisp finish. The perfect partner for seafood dishes.”
Red, Stamp Shiraz Cabernet.
“Our Stamp Shiraz Cabernet is a medium bodied wine, rich in mulberry, cherry and plum flavours, with subtle spiced oak characters and a juicy finish. Perfect with lamb, beef and mushroom based dishes.”
Rose, Stamp Shiraz Rose.
“Our Stamp Shiraz Rose is a light and luscious wine packed full of strawberry and raspberry fruit flavours complemented by a crisp, refreshing finish. Delicious with cheese or antipasto.”


Because Photoshop wouldn't allow to redo my contact sheets I am unable to show them, but I have
chosen two photos of each wine which I prefer over the others.









Evaluation of the Photo Shoot
Because I haven’t been to class for a few weeks I have missed out on a lot of information including the information that I need the final images for the interim date. So the 5 hour photo shoot I done on Sunday 8th February was a waste of time and effort. Because my place of work has just come short staffed and they are idiots meant that I had to work 50.5 hours and do my final images in one week (I know that work is not an excuse but they are expecting too much from a student).
For the photo shoot I needed various props. As it is the week before payday I am a little low on funds. I went to 4 different super markets to get the various props. The list of props are listed below:
  • ·         A wicker basket/hamper which I borrowed from my sister.

From Sainsbury’s:
  • ·         Stamp Sauvignon Blanc Semillion.

From Tesco’s:
  • ·         Stamp Shiraz Cabernet
  • ·         Stamp Shiraz Ros
  • ·         Small animal bedding hay/straw
  • ·         Plums
  • ·         Cherries
  • ·         Orange
  • ·         Lemons
  • ·         Limes
  • ·         Bananas
  • ·         Raspberries

From Asda:
  • ·         Mango
  • ·         Strawberries
  • ·         Sprats (small fish)
  • ·         Pineapple
  • ·         Mushrooms
  • ·         Blackberries

From Morrison’s:
  • ·         Goats Cheese
  • ·         Wensleydale with Cranberries

Because work didn’t give me the whole day off Sunday 15th February I had a 6 hours to do the photos. I originally I had 2 ideas. My first idea was a proper location shoot which the props would be a chair, little table, a book, a wine glass, the bottle of wine and a blanket. Normally this would be an indoor scene but I wanted an outlook location which can be portrayed by the book. Due to the time frame I decided to leave this idea after I packed my car with all of the props in the morning.
My second idea was a country style look. I looked at the research on the wines and I thought that buying the fruits and surrounding the bottle buy the fruits and straw/hay would give it a country style look. This idea took about 2-3 hours to do and I did occur some issues.
The main issues that I did encounter some issues during the day of the shoot.
1.       I had to work 2 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening.
2.       I couldn’t get all the props I needed in one day I had to buy the fruits and foods over the course of 3 days in which time some of the fruits started to go dodgy.
3.       I had to buy fish which I don’t like.
4.       Due to funds I had to get mushrooms to go with the red wine instead of lamb or beef.
5.       I couldn’t find mulberries anywhere but when I googled I thought that they looked like blackberries so I brought blackberries as a substitute.
6.       I forgot the cheese to go with the Ros wine so I had to schedule another time to do the photos for the roswine.
I did occur some technical issues as well. Technical issues are listed below:
1.       Photoshop. After I finished work on the night of the shoot I decided to do the contact sheets so it was something that I didn’t have worry about later on. After I completed all of my contact sheets I was unable to save them so I printed straight from Photoshop. On Tuesday 17th February I tried to do all the contact sheets again and now Photoshop has an issue with the contact sheet function and it will not produce a contact sheet at all. I do have printed copies of the contact sheets but I cannot send them to my tutor.
2.       Microsoft Word. When doing documents showing some of the images which I will be using as my final images word would not insert any more pictures on a document like the white wine one. So I will have to send a separate document showing some of my final images and not all of them.
I may also take some studio photos of the wines to put in the photos so the wine stands out even more but I don’t have the lighting to do that at home so I will have to wait until I go back to college to see if they will allow me to take fully closed alcohol onto the premises. Also the images that I have used for the final images will have to be edited a lot more then what I have already done.
The idea that I have worked on probably seem like the simplest one out of the two however this idea was tricky because of how you are arranging all of the fruits and foods and straw around the wine. I did also have an assistant to help me with the arrangements. 



No comments:

Post a Comment